Thursday 5 March 2015

Positive Outlook

Optimism isn’t it very important and very powerful? Indeed it is. For me personally it is that daily dose that I require to live on this place called earth. We humans are all different. We have different needs and perform different deeds. For it’s said by great legends think positive and be positive and I truly abide by it. Not just because it is said by great legends but by people around but because this is something I truly believe in. I am by nature a very optimistic and a positive thinker.
So one example that comes to my mind every time anybody mentions optimism or positivity is that half glass empty example. It is not what it is, it is how you see it. It is the attitude of a person that defines him and who he really is. It is amazing how the same thing can be interpreted differently by different people. Like in the case of the glass, how some thought it was half empty while the optimists saw it differently and said that it is not half empty but it is half full. Well this is life and it is we who have to choose our way of living. If we choose to live with negativity and pessimism we would end up being dull and making our own life hell. Why not take rather live life to the fullest and be positive?
Well, I have always been optimistic. I am often teased by friends for this, they call it being in a dream world but I do not agree. I don’t think optimism means being in your own world but it is rather being in a world that is nice, that is positive, that is a better world for you and for me and for the entire human race.
There is one particular incident that I was very touched with and this in the true sense gave me a different outlook to the entire world. It is when I and my mother decided to have a visit to the blind school that I learnt the true meaning of optimism. My mother always insisted me to join her for her visit to the blind school she said that there was a lot to learn from them but I never took that’s seriously. But after the visit my thoughts changed, I was very touched by the way in which they worked. It was a blind school for women, they were all so disciplined. They even worked on sewing machines. They made clothes, rags, etc. I was amazed. That is when I saw a lady who was just about to bang into the wall, I ran to help her but I was stopped. I was told that I am not going to be here to help them every day only if they fall today will they learn about this hurdle on the way.

That is when I learnt that life can teach you a lot and it is we who have to learn from it. If they (the blind) can lead such a disciplined life, if they can work, if they can get up each time they fall; we too can. I learnt the true meaning of optimism from them!

Have a look at this- https://housing.com/lookup

No comments:

Post a Comment