Friday 30 January 2015

THINGS THAT DEFINE ME

This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus 

Things that define you as a person, are so crucial that they actually remain with you for a lifetime. As a young teenager I always remember my mother asking me to behave in a certain manner, ask her why? And she would instantly reply; because dear daughter you are going to go one day and that women in the society must have certain etiquettes and mannerism.
Honestly it all never made sense to me, especially when I saw my younger sibling, my brother not following any of these, and for some reason it all never applied to him. Ask the lady of the house, and she would instantly reply; because he is a boy. Boy?? I looked at her blankly then, and even now wonder why is it that the discrimination starts in the days of your innocence, why is that somewhere it’s always a woman putting the other woman down. When is this going to stop and when will our mothers ever realize that they contribute and play such a vital role in upliftment of our breed of humans.
Well, things that define me as a person, is one such topic I always thought of writing about, not because I am self-obsessed, but only because I feel the world should know the power of women in the society and that we are far ahead of the male breed in every aspect. I have a justification for this one.
From that eye catchy feature to my loving and caring nature, they say it all! I believe in myself and I think that defines me as a person. I believe in giving and spreading love and I believe that defines me as a person. I am always giving and always welcoming, and I believe that defines me as a person. I believe in letting it go and still having a sense of achievement and I think that defines me as a person.
I believe in giving liberty and yet set some boundaries, and that I think defines me as a person, I know nothing is impossible and hence wake up each day with the thought that I will make it possible. I am that shoulder to cry and yet that shoulder which gives you strength.  

These my dear folks is what I believe defines me and every woman, because you have all been through these stages in your life and which has now made you as they say a woman of substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment