Friday 30 January 2015

CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO

This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus

I remember this happening to me so many times in my life, and excuse me for coming straight to the point, without having any introductions to the topic. Yes, I recollect such situations in my life almost all throughout when I was growing up and I always settled for things that I never wanted to do or be in. I personally believe as a woman you go through this all the more, ever wondered why? And you will be told because you are a girl and that you need to get married soon and have a family of your own. So are you trying to say that you are not my family, who bought me up for the last 20 years? Will you disown me only because our illogical and orthodox society still cannot live with the fact that there is a girl in the neighborhood who is aged 20, and per them it is the perfect age to look for a perfect and uneducated groom. Well, such complex is the society we live in or rather convenient for the men as it is a male dominated one as they say.
Now, coming back to what I am here to pen down my thoughts about, choose between the two. Let me tell you I have been through these situations all my life and in fact still come across them. The only reason why it has reduced, is because I have started taking a stand and I fight for my own right, which begins from your home. So my story goes like saying that I am mid aged woman and a mother of two and live in a family where the mother in law and daughter in law dramas are never ending, yes you got it right, I am part of a joint family and where almost every day is a birthday celebration and yet the next day is a day of confrontation. And so in such a family getting yourself a new dress was also a crime as you cannot afford to live for yourself and be so selfish. (like really, getting yourself a new dress is being selfish??)
Well, it all started with taking initiatives from buying myself a dress to moving on to writing about them, yes you got it write, I am housewife and as I said a mother of two and also a fashion blogger for you. My passion for fashion is like the pani and the puri. They have been there in my blood and I always wanted to be a designer, but blame it on destiny or call it the game of matrimony. I believe it was the latter one , which I was trapped into and life grew on from there till I have my children who are in their mid- teens. I now realized how empty and meaningless my life was and that I never lived for myself, it was always family and the added responsibility and so I decided to change the directions of this wind and got myself a laptop, with the help of magic wind. And here I am today an active blogger who writes not about food and recipes online but about the trending fashion line.
I did not settle for or in my life and gave it a new meaning by adding and instead. I took the courage at this age of starting to believe in myself again and pen it down through my sense of fashion and glamour as you may call it!

Never settle for things in life that don’t give you happiness, because the day you are truly happy your heart knows it from within and you live with that feeling of being content each day you wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment