Sunday 21 December 2014

To shave or not?

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette

Shave or not is the question that pops around the mind of most of the young men there and I must tell you honestly that each time this question runs their mind, the answer is always “ I don’t have any important occasion or meeting lined up for this week, so let me skip this for now”. I can relate to this one very well because I have been through this phase of my life because of my dear husband and have now got over it after he was taught a lesson for a life time.

Well, I know most you out there must be wondering that it may be for an Interview or for our marriage that he decided to shave and it taught him a lesson for how it was important for him to shave then and how it got him to achieve success in life. So let me put a stop to all your curious minds there and tell you that this credit goes to the little princess in our life. Well, yes I am talking about our 5 year old daughter who is the reason behind the successful clean shave look of her father.
You may be wondering how, so it all started one night when Alia was with her father like she does every night after dinner, as he is the one who puts her to bed every night. So it was one of the usual routine, while Alia was on the bed and told her father “Daddy all my friends were teasing me in school today, that; your Dad looks so old and that he has so much hair on his face, and yet the other friend goes out pointing that my Dad looks so handsome and well dressed”. Well, this made our little princess upset and she ought to feel bad about this, especially when you are living in a metro and in an era where today the young kids understand everything well before their age and develop their own set of thoughts and opinions.

I am sure this touched Sagar (my husband) somewhere deeply and he wanted to make it up for his daughter, for you all know that daughters are the biggest gift to a father. And so was it for us and yes he decided and promised Alia to be clean shaven always and that he will also look young like her other friend’s fathers did. Our little one was content with this and went off to sleep. It was later when Sagar narrated me the entire instance did I know the reason why he decided to have himself shaved every day.


All thanks to my little one, for she did what even I was unable to do in all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment