Sunday 21 December 2014

Shave that face to be in the race

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette


To be in the race shave that face is the formula that my fried once applied. It's a dog race, don't you all agree? Be it for a job interview or be it for any auditions. For one post or for one role there will be thousands that they interview and audition. Well it's not wrong is what I believe everyone wants the best so would be the case. 
This job interview that my friend was preparing for was his dream job, it was his dream to get associated with this company and that he thought this was his chance, He asked for help, I was glad to help him out! Right from what he would wear to what we would say was all planned. We discussed it all. His resume was checked about a trillion times. We had like various mock interviews before the actual. He did well in all, I was almost certain that he would nail it. 
After so many days of preparations, the D-Day had finally come. Not just his job but also my treat was at stake and I very well deserved it after so much of help, didn't I? Before he could leave for the interview, I gave him a call to wish him luck. I just happen to ask him if he had shaved or not and he hadn't. I forced him to but he said that it wasn't relevant. Nobody would care if he had a stubble as long as he didn't fumble. He was being overconfident is what I thought and told him straight on his face. For my sake he shaved (he stills thanks me for it)

So once he got there, he realized that not just him but everybody there was very well prepared. He too was, he cleared all the rounds and finally it was the personal interview round where it was him and the other guy with a stubble who were to be interviewed. The other one was more confident then my friend but my friend got bonus points for having to listen to me. The interviewer clearly said while finally offering the job that how you present yourself matters the most for an interview and yayy my friend got the job and I got my treat.




No comments:

Post a Comment